401: Extreme Adventure break
Prepare for extreme adventure and ready yourself for a challenge as you explore some of the best adventure sites Uganda has to offer and enjoy high octane thrills.
This exciting trip takes you through some of Uganda’s most spectacular adventure sites, including East Africa’s ‘adventure capital’, Jinja. Visit the famous source of the Nile, challenge yourself on the wild waters of the Nile and check out the high ropes or zip-lines at one of Uganda’s adventure parks
- Take a 40m leap of faith bungee jump over the River Nile
- White water rafting or kayaking
- Sunset cruise as you share stories of the day
Day 1: Travel to Jinja. Visit the Source of the Nile. Go bungee jumping
Day 2: Full day white-water rafting or kayaking and a sunset BBQ cruise
Day 3: Transfer to Lakeside Adventure Park for archery and wall climbing
Day 4: High ropes course challenge. Return boat to Luzira landing site
When is the best time of year to visit Uganda?
Although Ugandan seasons have become less predictable in recent years, peak tourist seasons usually coincide with dry seasons. When choosing your dates consider:
- Uganda is an all-year round destination with a pleasant climate and temperatures averaging in the mid 20s0C. The huge variety in altitude means temperatures vary around the country (but this also means increased biodiversity)
- Flight prices often increase in European/American holiday seasons
- There are fewer tourists in low seasons so you can have the place to yourselves!
- Many hotels offer all-year prices so the price of your visit may not change much between seasons
- Most major roads going from the capital, Kampala, up-country are tarmac. Conditions on murram roads may worsen, to varying degrees, in rainy season
- Rainy season can be good for birding as there is more food (bugs) available
- If you are targeting certain birds, ask our advice on breeding and migration seasons
- Should you plan to climb the Rwenzori mountains, dry seasons are best
- Hiking may be better in rainy seasons when it is cooler
We can provide additional accommodation at the beginning and end of your holiday, depending on your requirements.
View similar itineraries
IncludedAdventureBoat cruiseRef: 401
Not IncludedBirdingChimpanzee trackingCultureDomestic flightsEquatorGame driveGorilla TrackingHikingPhotographyRef: 101Ref: 103Ref: 104Ref: 105Ref: 106Ref: 107Ref: 201Ref: 202Ref: 203Ref: 301Ref: 302Ref: 303Ref: 304Ref: 402Ref: 403Ref: 404Ref: 501Ref: 502Ref: 601Ref: 602Ref: 701Ref: 703Ref: 802Ref: 901Ref: 902Ref:102Rhino TrackingRwenzori MountainsShoebillWildlifeWildlife photographyWork retreatZanzibar
Day 1 – Travel to Jinja. Visit the Source of the Nile. Bungee jumping
Accommodation: Nile River Base - Jinja Meal plan: B, L, D
Day 2 – White-water rafting or kayaking. Sunset BBQ cruise on the Nile
Accommodation: Nile River Base – Jinja Meal plan: B, L, D
Day 3 – Transfer to Lakeside Adventure Park for archery and wall climbing
Accommodation: Lakeside Adventure Park – Mukono Meal plan: B, L, D
Day 4 – High ropes course challenge, Boat to Luzira landing site.
Meal plan: B, L,
Guide price: US$ 1,250 per person
Based on 2 adults sharing a double room, in lower mid-range accommodation and travelling in a touring van (all our safaris and tours can be adapted to high-end, mid-range or budget versions)
The price for every safari depends on the number of people travelling, their ages, the time of year, whether or not international flights are included, the type of transport and accommodation used and the activities undertaken.
We calculate according to the specific dates of your booking because after we publish our itineraries some things may change. For example, hotels may increase their prices, exchange rates fluctuate, the government may introduce new taxes or some discounts may become available. Unfortunately, we also have to pass on surcharges imposed on us by, for example, airlines when fuel prices or airport taxes are unexpectedly increased.
We would be happy to prepare a quotation, based on your requirements. We normally include most costs in the price so all you need to bring with you is ‘pocket money’ for items like drinks, tips and personal shopping e.g. souvenirs.
A double room in lower mid-range, non-air-conditioned accommodation with a full board meal plan
Private touring van with driver and fuel for this itinerary
All entrance and other fees for the activities included in the itinerary
Mineral water in transit
All government taxes
Price does not include
Personal expenses: alcohol, laundry services and souvenirs
Tips (normally 5–10% and around $10 per day for your guide).